Artikel url : Movies Things I’m Glad Didn’t Catch On: Sequels With “Another” In Their Titles| Free Movies
Movies Things I’m Glad Didn’t Catch On: Sequels With “Another” In Their Titles| Free Movies

Now, I acknowledge that this is a silly thing to harp on, but I’m happy that the idea of putting the word “another” in the title of sequels didn’t catch on.
This thought only came about because I stumbled onto the long forgotten follow-up to the 1982 Eddie Murphy hit, 48 HRS, on TV last night, which was lamely titled, ANOTHER 48 HRS.
This kind of titling is lazy as hell, but it’s actually truth-in-advertising because the film was a lame rehash that deserved such unimaginative labeling. The 1990 action comedy was a modest hit, but lambasted by critics (it stands at 15% rating on Rotten Tomatoes). There was actually talk of a third film for the franchise entitled YET ANOTHER 48 HRS, but thankfully that never materialized.
Three years later, Touchstone Pictures hedged their bets on a sequel to their 1987 hit STAKEOUT, and brought back stars Richard Dreyfuss, and Emilio Estevez, and added Rosie O’Donnell for some reason in what was dubbed ANOTHER STAKEOUT. Notice how similar to ANOTHER 48 HRS the type style for “Another” is:


So glad that didn’t catch on either. I mean, can you imagine how unbearable it’d be to see ads for movies like MORE HORRIBLE BOSSES or MORE ZOOLANDER?
It’s great that so many sequel titles these days don’t just slap a Roman numeral on the end, they have ampersands and subtitles ‘n all, because they really should at least try to disguise that it’s the same ole thing again, right?
The use of “another” appeared to imply that the studios were being cynically upfront about the shoddy quality of their recycled products. Here’s another one, kids! Collect ‘em all.
So this has been my look back at the brief era in which a badly chosen yet accurate word graced a couple of lame sequel titles.
R.I.P. ANOTHER 1990-1993
More later…
Movies Things I’m Glad Didn’t Catch On: Sequels With “Another” In Their Titles| Free Movies
Demikianlah Artikel Semoga berguna bagi anda yang ingin mencari Movies Things I’m Glad Didn’t Catch On: Sequels With “Another” In Their Titles| Free Movies, mudah - mudahan bisa berguna bagi anda dan anda selalu mampir ke blog ini.
Anda sedang membaca artikel Movies Things I’m Glad Didn’t Catch On: Sequels With “Another” In Their Titles| Free Movies dan artikel ini url permalinknya adalah https://listofmoviesbyyear.blogspot.com/2018/08/movies-things-im-glad-didnt-catch-on.html Semoga artikel ini bisa bermanfaat.
kewyord Pendukung : ( ada di keywordpendukung.txt )
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar